News YOU can use
News YOU can use
Election on November 2, 2021 where voters will approve—or reject—several proposed amendments to the Texas constitution:
- Prohibition on Limiting Religious Services [SJR 27] State and local governments may not enact any rules that prohibit or limit religious services by religious organizations.
- Right to Designated Essential Caregiver [SJR 19] Residents of nursing, assisted living, and similar residential facilities have the right to designate an essential caregiver who may not be denied in-person visitation.
- Homestead Tax Exemption for Surviving Military Spouses [SJR 35] Expands the current homestead tax exemption to include surviving spouses of service members fatally injured in the line of duty, along with those killed outright.
- Homestead Tax Limit for Surviving Spouses of Disabled [HJR 125] Extends the current homestead school tax limit for disabled individuals to surviving spouses who are at least 55 years old and reside at the home.
- Eligibility Requirements for Certain Judicial Offices [SJR 47] Adds that state supreme court and court of appeals justices, and court of criminal appeals judges, must be Texas residents at the time of election who have been practicing lawyers licensed in the state of Texas and/or Texas state or county court judges for at least 10 years (the current amount of experience), with no suspensions of their licenses. Requires district court judges to have eight years of Texas law practice and/or court judge experience, with no suspensions—twice the current requirement of four years of combined experience.
- Authority of State Commission on Judicial Conduct [HJR 165] Authorizes the Commission to investigate complaints and reports against candidates for state judicial office, in the same manner it does judicial officeholders.
- County Infrastructure Bonds in Blighted Areas [HJR 99] Authorizes counties to issue bonds to fund infrastructure and transportation projects in underdeveloped, unproductive, or blighted areas.
- Charitable Raffles at Rodeo Venues [HJR 143] Designates sanctioned rodeos as professional sports teams and authorizes professional sports team charitable organizations to conduct raffles at rodeo venues
Commissioners Court approved consolidating precincts this election as below:
Carroll Green Civic Center Pct.’s 1-1, 3-1, 4-1, 4-4
Yantis Community Center Pct. 1-2
Alba Community Center Pct.’s 1-3, 1-4
Mineola City Hall Pct.’s 2-1, 2-2, 2-3
Holly Lake Ranch VFD Pct. 3.2, ESD #1
Hawkins Community Center Pct. 3-3, ESD #1
Winnsboro City Auditorium Pct.’s 4-2, 4-3, ESD #1
UP COMING 2022 Wood County Elections
Pct. 2 Commissioner
Pct. 4 Commissioner
Justice of the Peace
Candidate filing will be mid Nov-mid Dec 2021.
Welcome to the
We need your support in electing the
best individuals to represent
our conservative Texas values from the
Court House to the White House.
Hope to see you again!
New to Website: News YOU can Use- Keeping you updated on what our representative are doing